A few weeks ago I had the honor of be a presenter at the PIIAC Annual Conference. My afternoon workshop was “Your Brand, the Web and Social Media”. I love doing this session. Since the landscape of the subject matter is constantly changing it is always a challenge to be as current as possible. I am no expert in any of these fields but I do have lots of working experience and study on these subjects and their interconnectivity. I find that many insurance agencies don’t have grasp of the importance of this. When doing this workshop I like to find an agency in the area that is doing all of these things really well. Besides the audience learning awesome, practical information, I get to learn new things as well.
- Your Google Places information is the #1 thing you should do on the web.
- Your client reviews should be at your Google Places. The link on your website should go to the Google Places Reviews.
- The website is reviewed on a regular basis and revised and updated as needed.
- It is important to update the look and stay fresh.
- Their site is built on the WordPress platform. This allows them to update the look without having a total re-do of the site.
- Like any other part of your business, you need to track the effectiveness of your website and other social media platforms.
- Multiple individuals within the organization are responsible for blogging. Everyone knows the schedule and they know they are responsible.
- A blog does not have to be long, it just needs to be informational and relevant.
Over the next few weeks I will be blogging about each of these items and other parts of this experience I find agencies struggling with.
Post your questions and I will seek out the answer and resources.